Santa Cruz Factory Demo
Visit our headquarters in Santa Cruz, California and demo a current model right off the factory floor.
Factory Demo Overview
- Book a reservation for a demo ride using the schedule that appears at the bottom of this page.
- Factory demos are $20 US per rider (cash or credit cards). The proceeds go to support trail building and trail maintenance efforts in the Santa Cruz area.
- Bring your helmet, pedals, and bike shoes. Need pedals? When you reserve ahead of time can provide a pair for your demo.
- Show up for your reservation time, meet with the demo staff to have the bike set up, and then ride!
Under the age of 18? You'll need a parent or guardian to fill out a waiver when you arrive at the Factory.
Questions? Call us at (831) 576-2848 or email us at factorydemo[at]santacruzbicycles.com
Scroll down, find the bike model you want to demo, click the red “BOOK” button. Available booking times show up in RED with a time. Only seeing gray boxes? Unfortunately that means that all the times for that day are booked for that bike.
How to Make a Reservation
- The booking time you select is for your reservation check-in and for setting up your bike. This setup process usually takes about 30 minutes.
- After setup, the demo bike is yours for up to 4 hours.
- Be sure to complete payment before you arrive. You will not have an active reservation until you have completed payment.
Weather cancellations: We love our local trails and riding community and reserve the right to cancel demo reservations due to inclement weather and/or adverse trail conditions.
What to Expect the Day of Your Demo Ride
- Arrive at your scheduled reservation time. We're located at 2841 Mission Street in Santa Cruz.
- You’ll need to leave your ID at the Factory while you ride.
- Local trail riding is available at Wilder State Park. You can access these trails by pedaling right from the factory showroom.
- Demo bikes are not to be taken to the Soquel Demonstration Forest.
Where to Park: There's a large parking lot directly across the street from the showroom on Mission street. Park anywhere you like and then cruise across the street to the Factory.
Where to Camp: We recommend New Brighton Beach to the south or Big Basin to the north. More information is available on the California State Parks website.
Need to park a bike? There’s a small common area and bench in front of the showroom doors. You can lock your bike up here or if you’re more comfortable (or bikepacking) we can stash your bike in the Factory while you ride.
2017 Holiday Schedule - please note that the Factory will be closed the following days:
12/12 through 12/17 and 12/24 through 1/1/18