Adopted February 2017
2. Personally Identifiable Information. In using the Site, you will have the opportunity to provide SCB with personally identifiable information, which may include, without limitation, your name, e-mail address, physical address, IP address, geographic location, telephone number, identification numbers, credit card numbers, billing information, passwords, device identifiers, hardware information, browser type, browser language, number of times you access the Site (and when), information about purchases, information about referring websites, and other information, any or all of which may be necessary or helpful to perform the functions you select on the Site. If you would like to review or change your personally identifiable information in SCB’s possession, please contact SCB using the contact information set forth below.
4. Use. Information you provide to SCB through the Site may be used for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) Receiving and processing orders; shipping and returning orders; soliciting customer satisfaction input; auditing internal practices; confirming warranty rights; sharing news about our products, athletes, and events; improving the quality of our products and services; informing customers about recalls and other consumer protection matters; assisting in marketing products and services, including targeted advertising; determining your location, facilitating purchases of our products; and enhancing the technical function and content of the Site. Your information may be retained by SCB for a period we determine is reasonably necessary to accomplish our objectives in collecting the information.
(b) Your personally identifiable information may be combined with information received from our affiliates, and it may be transmitted to our affiliates and other third parties for analysis and processing.
(c) SCB owns the information collected on the Site. That means that, among other things, if SCB goes through a business transition, such as a merger with or acquisition by another organization, or a sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred.
5. Traffic Information. Like most websites, the Site automatically gathers certain traffic information and stores it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data. We may also employ clear GIFs (sometimes known as web beacons or web bugs) to track use of the Site. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are embedded invisibly on web pages or emails. Information tracked with clear GIFs is anonymous and does not personally identify users. SCB may use this information to, among other things, ensure levels of service, analyze trends, administer and improve the Site, and gather demographic information about the Site’s user base. SCB does not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
10. California “Do Not Track” Notice. Unlike some websites, we do not track your website activities over time and across third party websites. For that reason we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals from a user’s browser. However, users can opt-out of cookie-based tracking using an opt-out feature on the Site.
11. Security. The security of your personal information is important to us. SCB follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted, both during transmission and once received. No method of transmission over the Internet or by email is 100% secure. Similarly, no method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Data may be lost, intercepted, or stolen by unauthorized parties during transmission or storage, and it may be transmitted via open or closed networks in or to other countries without the same level of data protection as your country of residency. Furthermore, although we take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the information on the website, SCB makes no representations or guarantees to our users with respect to same. To the maximum extent allowed by applicable law, SCB will not accept liability for direct or indirect losses arising from lost or stolen data (including your personal information) or from any inaccuracies on the Site. If you require 100% security, do not correspond or transmit data over the Internet or through email.
12. Social Media Plugins. The Site may use social media plugins, including plugins for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, Youtube, and others. When you use those services, web pages you visit may be linked to your account and make known to others, and data may be sent to those service providers. This means that those third parties may be made aware you have visited the Site and may collect related data. Those third parties may store portions of your information even if you have not established an account or profile with them. For information regarding the policies and practices of those third parties, please visit their respective websites. You may be able to avoid or block third parties from collecting your data by changing your personal settings on the third party’s website or through the use of a suitable add-on for your browser.
14. Credit Card Information. If you give us credit card information, we will use it solely to check your financial qualifications and collect payments. We may use a third party service provider to manage credit card processing.
15. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. SCB’s Site, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect or distribute personal information from anyone under the age of 13.
16. Ownership. The content of the Site, including without limitation text, graphics, or code, is owned or licensed by us. You may download text and graphics from the Site without modification or alternation and purely for informational, non-commercial purposes. Subject to the foregoing, you may not use, download, upload, copy, print, display, reproduce, publish, or distribute any information or content on the Site. The trademarks, tradenames, service marks, logos, and slogans on the Site are either ours or are licensed to us from third parties. Use of any of the foregoing without the prior permission of the owner is strictly prohibited.
17. Disclaimer. ALL CONTENT ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NO WARRANT THAT USE OF THE SITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE, THAT USE OF THE SITE WILL BE FREE FROM INTERRUPTION, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKE IT AVAILABLE WILL BE FREE FROM BUGS, VIRUSES, AND OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR RELIABILITY OF INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SITE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Santa Cruz Bicycles, LLC
Attn: Web Administrator
2841 Mission Street
Santa Cruz, CA 94560